It wasn't until I had finished my Tiger Eyes Lace Scarf and was blocking it, wondering why on earth I hadn't yet invested in blocking wires, that I realized this is my first real lace project. Sure, I've made my share of lacy socks, but this is the first project I've needed to use a lifeline on. On a related note, super glad I did. There was a lot of frogging on this thing.
The pattern is stunning, but my scarf doesn't do it justice. I realllly need to get some blocking wires. I'm also not a fan of the big holes as written. I don't think they're too big, but this photo shows how much bulk there is at the tops. I think doing just 2 YOs, then a p and a ktbl on the next row would fix the problem. I knit 16 pattern repeats on each side, ending with row 16, and grafted them together in the middle. I think this is the way to go--I prefer having the pattern facing up on each end and stopping with row 16 makes a pretty center motif without a 3-row seam of stockinette.
I can't decide how I feel about this yarn (Prism Saki in Periwinkles). I bought it because of the pretty, and it feels amazing after wet blocking. I'm hoping I'll have enough occasion to wear it after my move (much like my Aidez--I told B I'd go watch him surf early in the morning just because I think this sweater was made for a cold beach). On the other hand, it was $32 for 440 yards. I'm not against paying for quality, but my budget is not going to support this being a regular purchase. I've checked out the other colorways and am not a huge fan, which is probably a good thing. Love the scarf, love having leftovers for my beekeeper's quilt.